Friday, August 18, 2017

Chimanimani

While traveling to our breakfast run last Saturday, Grant stopped so that I could photograph a farm name along the road. I was interested as I had grown up in the Eastern Highlands of Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe today) The Chimanimani moutains are a beautiful range of mountains quite close to where we lived. Years later a general manager of the mill where my dad worked, bought a house in Pietermaritzburg and named in Chimanimani. And this is why Grant stopped - was this the same person (or his descendants) who'd since sold their suburban home and settled in the Kwa Zulu Natal midlands? 



For more  beautiful sky images, please click here



10 comments:

  1. Hello, maybe it is the same person. Nice sign. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post...your post is beside mine on Skywatch Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Eastern Highlands. Rhodesia was such a beautiful country, so sad to see what is happening now!!
    Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting name. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small world!! I need to practice saying Chimanimani a few times. Not an easy one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tongue twister name! It must be a rare one & possibly connected!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be lovely to find out the history of the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback. Jo