memorablemeanders.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 3, 2013

White - faced Whistling Ducks reflected

A pair of White-faced Whistling Duck reflected in the water

For more Weekend Reflection posts hosted by James, please click here

8 comments:

  1. Awesome captures Jo. I love their white faces and colorful feathers :)

    May your blessings be plentiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking ducks. I don't think I've seen this type before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JO Lovely to see these ducks and their reflections as I have only seen them in the collection at Castle Espie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dumb question of the week: do whistling ducks really whistle?
    Nifty reflection, Jo.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kay, the White-faced Whistling Ducks do whistle. While I stand and photograph them and the many other water birds visible currently, if they're alarmed, they fly up and whistle. Or merely whistle while flying! Good on you for a not-at-all-dumb question. (((Hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Kay, the White-faced Whistling Ducks do whistle. While I stand and photograph them and the many other water birds visible currently, if they're alarmed, they fly up and whistle. Or merely whistle while flying! Good on you for a not-at-all-dumb question. (((Hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure we have something that looks like this around here as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback. Jo